What makes a perfect home
Manage your search criteria and results
Connect for a non-obligatory consult.
The Mortgage and Loan Process
Your Search and Working Together
I love helping buyers find their perfect home! That’s why I work with you, as an individual, taking the time to understand your unique lifestyle, goals, needs, and desires. This isn’t simply about how many bedrooms and baths, acreage or architectural style. It’s all about you and your dreams.
When you work with me, you’ll receive:
- a knowledgeable and practiced REALTOR®
- a highly trained and licensed professional
- vast experience working with buyers coming from all destinations and price points
- a committed ally to negotiate on your behalf, maintain confidentiality and fiduciary responsibility
- the backing of a highly regarded and trusted company
I have the technology and systems in place to streamline the process for you and am committed to helping you in your search by:
- screening properties on your behalf and in advance of your viewing them
- personally touring homes and neighborhoods with you
- keeping you well informed of new listings and coming soon properties
- previewing listings on MLS and the internet
- advising you on the market conditions and the price that similar homes sold
- working relentlessly with you until you find that special home that meets all of your criteria.
The Role of a Buyer’s Agent and Exclusive Buyer Agency Agreements
A home purchase is a significant and expensive transaction with long-term financial implications. Buying a home wisely, at the right price and terms, can provide a lifetime of benefits and enjoyment! But if you overpay for a home, or choose a home that involves more upkeep or costs than you can manage, trouble could be on the horizon.
In order to make the best possible home buying decisions, you need to have the best possible information and guidance. Using a Buyer’s Agent provides you with a superior level of representation and protection. This is because a Buyer Agent serves the homebuyer and focuses their expertise on the buyer’s needs and concerns.
An Exclusive Buyer Agent will:
- Deliver complete loyalty to the buyer by acting in the buyer’s best interest. Assume all confidentiality by not disclosing facts that could influence your ability to negotiate the best terms, as well as your budget or motivation.
- Provide disclosure to other parties in the transaction that the licensee has been engaged as a Buyer’s Agent.
- Perform market price comparisons and protect you from over-paying for a home.
- Educate you about market conditions and the home buying process.
- Negotiate price and terms on behalf of the buyer and prepare standard real estate purchase contract by the designated form.
- Protect your best interests at all times.
- Negotiate exclusively on your behalf, obtaining the best price and terms.
- Fulfill fiduciary duties and adhere to high standards of ethics and integrity.
Provide these services and more at no additional cost you (traditionally the Seller covers the Agent’s fees, the most prevalent exception being For Sale By Owner).
Buyer Agency Agreements
Like the listing agreement with sellers, the agreements with buyers must have a starting and ending date as well as specifying how the buyer’s broker is to be paid (by the seller or by the buyer him or her self). In addition, it should spell out the duties and obligations of all parties.
The agreement should also specify how a conflict of interest will be handled. A conflict of interest can occur when a buyer represented by a conventional firm becomes interested by a seller who is also represented by that firm. Another potential conflict of interest can occur when the same firm finds itself representing two buyers who are competing for the same property. A real estate agency should have a written, objective policy for how it will handle conflicts of interest and this policy should be disclosed to any potential client in advance.
Only an Exclusive Buyer Agent provides you with the highest level of fiduciary duty and representation. A Buyer’s Agent will provide pre-purchase counseling, mortgage lender referrals, and home search and showing services for all homes on the market, not just through MLS.
Making an Offer
Once you have found the property you desire, I will write the Purchase Agreement. While much of the agreement is standard, there are a few areas in which we can negotiate:
What you offer on a property depends on a number of factors including its condition, length of time on the market, buyer activity, urgency of the seller, and the competition for similar homes. While some buyers want to make a lower offer just to gauge whether the seller will accept it, this is not always a sound strategy. Likewise, in today’s market, given the shortage of inventory, buyers can find themselves in bidding wars and often need to submit an offer well above asking.
The Move in Date
If you can be flexible on the date of possession, the seller might be more apt to choose your offer over others.
Often, the seller chooses to leave major appliances or fixtures in the property, however many are open to negotiation as far as other items are concerned.
Most typically, the Agent will present the offer to the listing agent and/or the seller. The seller will then either: accept, reject, counter the offer, or negotiate changes. In these cases, my experience and negotiating skills are a powerful asset to you and your best interests.
When a counter offer is presented, you and I will work together to review each specific area of it, ensuring that we move forward with your specific goals in mind and negotiating the best possible price and terms that favor your purchase.
The Buying Process
- Select a REALTOR® (Consider an exclusive Buyer’s Agent agreement)
- Research Current Mortgage Rates and Terms
- Get PreApproved by Bank or Lender
- Determine How Title Will be Held
- Analyze Your Needs and Goals in a Buyer’s Consultation
- Work with REALTOR® to Select Properties to View
- Select Property
- Write Offer to Purchase
- Review Conditions and Contingencies
- Conduct Inspection
- Negotiate Terms
- Resolve any issues
- Offer Accepted
- Obtain Mortgage Financing
- Credit Check
- Conduct Title Search
- Remove Any Encumbrances
- Obtain Title Insurance
- Obtain Funds for Closing
- Take Possesion of Property
1261 Centre Street
Newton MA 02459